Wednesday, August 13, 2008

MINDORO TRIP

We went to Calapan Mindoro last Saturday to attend the 75th birthday celebration of Neal's uncle. Tio Jun is also our ninong sa kasal so we just had to be there.

We wanted to take the 10:30 am Supercat trip so we left home at 7:30 am and fetched Neal's parents in Paranaque. The road trip was so fast thanks to Star Tollway. It's our first time to pass by the completed tollway and it just took us an hour to reach the Batangas pier from Paranaque. P60 very well spent. We arrived at the pier at 10 am but Supercat cancelled their 1030 am trip so we had no choice but to ride the 12:30 trip. The departure area was spacious enough for Anton to explore and there was a toy shop where we bought new toys to keep Anton busy.

The waves were quite strong on our boat ride so nahilo talaga kami. Anton was the only one unaffected by it. Super kulit pa din as usual. Buti nalang it was just an hour long ride.

We were fetched at the pier by a van from Parang Beach Resort which is owned by Papa's cousin. This is also where the party is going to be. The rooms and cottages are really nice and made with the best materials. The shoreline though is very short halos walang sand so Anton wasn't interested to swim sa beach. He was happy running in the gardens nalang.

The party started at about 7 pm and I was surprised that the attire was semi-formal. Gosh I only brough my havs with me hahaha! Feeling ko kasi resort so I didn't bring any shoes. Even Neal also just brought slippers kaya di din ako nagdala. Sabi nga ng cousin ni Neal dapat daw sa hotel nalang at di sa covered court ang venue kung semi formal pala.

We had fun though at the party. I was able to meet and see the talents of Tio Jun's whole family and friends from Calapan. Tio Jun owns a hospital there and even the doctors, staff and some of his senior citizen friends had a number for him. I also love that all his apos know how to play a musical instrument. As in pati sax meron pa. Talented talaga :)

The next day we went to mass at the Sto. Nino Church and went around the city. We took the 5 pm trip back to Batangas and it was a gentler ride. Thank God it was since Anton was already cranky.

We had dinner at Chowking along Star Tollway and that's when I found out that my camera was missing. I was playing the videos saved in it for Anton and I thought I put it in the diaper bag but hindi pala. It must have dropped and I did not have time to look back because I was carrying Anton.

Now I have to get the Mindoro photos from Neal's cousin para naman may copy ako. I'm not that much affected kasi naisip ko buti nalang yun ang nawala at hindi ang phone or wallet ko. The camera maybe more expensive but no hassle like getting a new sim card or getting new cards. I've already reported the loss to Supercat pero no news yet. Anyway I've already moved on. Already looking for a new one to buy :)

No comments: