I have been looking for a new stylist for some time now. I was a happy client of Angelo Justin since 1997 but after I gave birth I just couldn't keep up with the high maintenance cut he had been giving me the past 10 years. So I switched to Louis Kee of Razzle Dazzle. His first cut was really good then the second one was disappointing. So I went to Kei in Toni & Guy. Was raving about her cut on this blog then the next time I went to her she was gone, resigned from the salon. And guess where she went? To Basement in Rockwell where Angelo cuts. I couldn't go back to her naman. So the past 2 cuts I went to 2 different stylists in Toni & Guy and both were the worst cuts I had. The layers were not pantay it was really amateur.
Sorry ang haba ng intro. Anyway now came Chiyo. You can read all about her in Kelly's blog.
I had to wait a week to get an appointment but it was all worth it. Sei Salon is different from the usual salons I go to. They had an all-woman team. Only 2 stylists and 3 assistants. That's it. I guess they only have a few services to offer but I'm not sure since I didn't ask if they had mani-pedi etc. Chiyo was still cutting a client when I arrived so I had to wait pa. When she was done blowdrying her client she went over to me and touched my hair. I told her that I wanted to keep the length and the styling was up to her. She said I had nice hair daw. Yikes my hair was all over the place nga. After that I had my shampoo which was really relaxing. The girl took her time to shampoo and massage my scalp. Then the girl blowdried my hair and I got curious when she starting twirling my hair with her fingers. Para daw sumunod ang hair (I tried it myself the next day and it didn't turn out well). Now it's time for Chiyo to cut my hair. Her hands are super gaan and I just feel so at ease with her. She said that the back of my hair was very short so she had to chop off some of the length in front. She said that usually the first cut was like going to the ER. She fixes the cut first then maybe on the second visit we will do treatment. She was really very nice and when she was finished she reminded me to be back in 2 months. I also love the leave-on treatment she used on my hair but when I found out it's over P2k next time ko nalang sya bibilhin.
When I tried styling my hair the next day I noticed how different the bagsak is. The hair on the sides of my face is pumapasok which did not happen for a very long time. The back of my hair still flips out just like Chiyo said but it looks much tamer. The cuts I had before were very manipis since my former stylists would get rid of as much as hair as they can but with Chiyo's cut it was not that manipis. As she said it's in the cut. I can't wait for my second cut with her. For sure it will be much better pa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hi jen! posted a pic 3 posts back :)
Nai-intriga din ako kay Chiyo. Makapunta nga din. hahaha
glad you liked my reco! =) i know you're picky with stylists =)
Post a Comment