Tuesday, June 03, 2008

NO ANSWERS YET

Anton has completed a month of therapy already. Until now we are still in the diagnosis process. There's still no definite disorder for Anton which is good. Maybe it's just really his personality or it could only be a speech delay.

But here are some things we noticed with Anton.

  1. Separation anxiety, not stranger anxiety. There was a time when yaya and I went out of the room while Teacher was playing with him. When he noticed this he cried and held on tight to Teacher. So it was not stranger anxiety since he was ok with clinging on to Teacher who he barely knows.
  2. No interest to explore. Even if Teacher has boxes and boxes of toys with her Anton is content to play with just the toys he is holding.
  3. The need for rhythm. We always have music and the therapy ball with us during our sessions. He still cries when we are doing excercises but if you sing to him he will do it (still crying but he will do it, will clap his hands pa nga) kahit na 30 minutes pa yan. Then after the excercise Teacher makes him sit on the ball to calm him down. I hope Anton improves soon para we can start taking our sessions downstairs again para nearer the play gym which calms him down. For now kasi we take the sessions in a private room since he cries too much pa.
  4. Different moods. His session 2 weeks ago was better than last week's. The other week he even opened the door of the center himself. Last week he was crying outside palang the center. Same routine lang naman kami palagi. I really hope I can understand Anton more.

We will start our second month on Friday and hope that Anton cries less. Nakakabigat talaga ng puso when you see your baby cry. I can understand why Neal doesn't like going to the center. I took my mom with us last week and pati sya naawa. Sympre sabi nya kay Teacher to change the activity. Teacher said na paiba-iba naman ang activities. She also explained that in the real world Anton cannot control his environment. I agree with the Teacher and I can see naman how devoted she is to helping us.

Now all we need is patience. I'm confident that Anton will bloom very soon.

1 comment:

Pat said...

I hope anton improves with his therapy sessions. baka lang he's developing at a different pace. mahirap talaga yan for a parent, especially for the mom.