I have to go to 2 doctors, my EENT and OB-Gyne, but I don't want to.
Why? Because they both want me to stop nursing my baby.
I have allergic rhinitis again. It's the season when the pollens bloom. I feel drowsy with this cold that refuses to come out. I can still handle it. I'm just rubbing Arctic Care on my chest, throat and feet. I just hope I don't get vertigo again. Or else I really have to go to her and get another lecture about taking care of myself more.
I also need to go to my OB-Gyne. I've been wanting to go to her for some time. But I cannot ignore it anymore. My son will turn 21 months next week and I'm still on Lactational Amenorrhea. According to Kellymom, LAM (Lactational Amenorrhea Method of birth control) refers to the natural postpartum infertility that occurs when a woman is not menstruating due to breastfeeding.
I mean it's great that I'm still on natural birth control but what worries me is how long I haven't had a period. The last time was September 2005, just before I got pregnant.
And I'm comparing myself with someone I know who was on LAM for 20 months. But she was a work-at-home mom, and her daughter was nursing directly from her all the time. So how come her period returned after 20 months while I, a working mom, away from my son for about 10 hours a day, 5 days a week is still on LAM?
Aside from feeling icky, I am blaming my bad temper, water retention and dry skin on LAM.
I'll visit my OB-Gyne soon, but if she gives me medication that is not safe for nursing moms, I won't take the meds, just like I didn't take my medication before for vertigo. I'm so stubborn no?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi, Maybelle! I can understand you NOT wanting to take medications, but sometimes you do need to think of what's best for BOTH you and your son. I stopped breastfeeding when my son was 1 year and 10 1/2 months old because I had to undergo chemotherapy. I knew I had to get well to be a better mom.
I know you would probably say that it's only anti vertigo and antihistamine, you can probably survive through it. Well, it pretty much is your choice. I probably would have chosen the same thing. But do keep the meds on hand.
Re: lactational amenorrhea. I got my period back when my son was 1 year 4 months old (about 16 months). I wasn't taking any pills or injectables the.
Joey
http://www.joeymd.com
http://the-working-mom.blogspot.com
Oops, I just realized I did what you don't want doctors to do -- lecture you. Sorry, part of our job :). Probably one reason why patients who didn't follow instructions fear following up. :D
Joey
http://www.joeymd.com
http://the-working-mom.blogspot.com
thanks doc joey! no problem alam ko naman matigas ang ulo ko :) will keep your advice in mind.
Post a Comment