Friday, January 04, 2008
BF CHALLENGES
After a year of low maintenance and breezy breastfeeding, I can now relate to the 'pains' associated with breastfeeding. First there were the plugged ducts, acrobatic nursing and now the latest are sore nipples. This started when Anton nursed non stop when he got a fever after his DPT booster. At first it was bearable then it got worse. I would hold on to Neal's hand or a pillow and squirm in pain everytime Anton nursed. So I looked for a nipple cream and I was shocked that these things don't come cheap. The only cream available at SM Megamall was Avent cream which cost over P1,000. My mom offered to buy it for me because super naawa na sya pero it was too expensive. The next day I 'repossessed' the Purelan cream I gave my officemate, which I got as a freebie from my Medela PISA. Now I'm healed but I'm applying PureLan once a day so that it won't happen to me again. I already asked my sister to buy Lansinoh cream for me. They only retail for $8.33 at Wal-Mart. I hope breastfeeding products here will be more affordable soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
hi maybs! naku! i had a big tub of purelan! haha! i gave it to Sheilah. before, i did use Lansinoh naman which came as a freebie from the hospital. i remember when i first started to breastfeed. super sakit din! grabe!
Maybelle, every BFing mom has her shares of "pains" no matter how long she's been nursing or how enjoyable the experience is :).
Ako, I just squeeze out the breastmilk and spread it on my nips. Para libre! Never had to buy lanolin :).
hi gracci! may 2nd baby na ba sina sheilah? update mo naman ako :)
hi joey! yan din ang ginagawa ko dati, pero the last one super sakit talaga almost i needed extra help :)
Hi Maybelle! I bought Avent nipple cream when I was still exclusively BFding. It said on the package that it was ok to let the baby lick it on your nipple, but my Belle didn't like the taste, so I had to use my breastmilk.
oh no! hindi pa pala nababalita jan? yes, sheilah is due in late Feb! and it's another girl. naghihiraman na nga kami ng gamit, eh. yung mga nilakihan ni julia, i'm using on mikka tapos yung nilakihan naman ni mikka, for the new baby.
Post a Comment