Thursday, January 31, 2008
THE POWER OF EUCALYPTUS
After Anton finished his 9-month medication of Isoniazid due to positive TB on his skin test, I vowed that I would never make him take more medicines. That includes paracetamol, decongestants and anti-allergy medications. We were able to visit Dra. Chen, a pediatrician who's into natural medicine, three weeks ago when Anton got a cold. She gave some homeopathic remedies for Anton's colds and she introduced me to the essence of eucalyptus . The hardest part about Anton getting a cold is putting him to sleep at night. Anton still does not know how to blow his nose and this new discovery is very effective in making sure Anton has a peaceful sleep. I just put some essence of eucalyputs (P30 at Mercury Drug) on some cotton balls, then wrapped the balls inside a hanky so that they don't dry up easily, then placed the hanky near his pillow. It just takes a couple of minutes and Anton is sound asleep. It is far more effective than the usual Arctic Care that I use, and my room ends up smelling like a spa :) My little boy is now fully well. His colds really take a long time to heal but he is currently taking Sabadilla, a natural medicine similar to Claritin or Virlix, to control his allergies. I hope the other mommies can try natural medicine, they may not work as fast as the usual medicines, but they are a whole lot healthier for our babies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hi maybelle,
as much as possible, i don't want to give my daughter medicines too. I tried eucalyptus also when she had colds before. ok nga talaga yun. keep on sharing your other natural remedies. : )
hi pat! glad to know you're also interested in natural meds :) im slowly learning and will surely share my new finds
Post a Comment