Tuesday, February 05, 2008

BACK TO SWIMMING

Last Saturday morning, I suddenly thought about swimming. So I asked my hubby if it's alright with him if I enroll Anton to swim class. He said yes so I called the school, they told me they had a slot so off we went to Somerset Makati. Ganun ako kabilis, ginulat ko na naman ang asawa ko hahaha. Now I'm a happy mommy because Anton is officially enrolled at the Bert Lozada Swim School (BLSS), thanks to my katarayan hehe. Let me tell you the story. We already had a trial with them last March when Anton was just 8 months old and my son loved it. Here's our photos back then.


Mommy and Baby loving the water.


Anton letting Mommy hold his legs for kicking.

This was just a trial class because the class was full back then, which was understandable since it was summer. So I left my number with BLSS and requested them to call me once a slot opens. We've waited more than 10 months and I didn't receive a call. Apparently BLSS Somerset class is full the whole year round. So I was really happy to find out there was an open slot for the once a week Saturday class. When we got there, Lori the BLSS coordinator said that the class was full. She told me that we could try out if one of their students will be absent. Of course that did not stop me. I told her that I just called their Head Office and they told me they had an open slot. I also informed her that I attended a class last year and I was waiting for their call all this time. I could see Lori getting uneasy but I did not leave her side. I was holding Anton while we watched the other babies in the pool. Then when it was time for the 11 am class, Lori told me that we could sit in, just for a trial and not for enrollment. I said yes of course so we hurriedly changed to our swimsuits and plunged in the water.

Anton starting to look uneasy.

Anton overwhelmed by the other mommies and babies.

Anton did not enjoy the swim class as last year. At first he was smiling because he was in the water, but when he saw the other babies he got cranky. Warm-up is very important to Anton (like at the Little Gym), which we didn't have and he was sleepy already. Needless to say I was very tired during the 30-minute class. Anton only wanted to be hugged, and he did not want to let me hold his legs for kicking, no cooperation at all! But all the pagod paid off when Lori approached me after class and told me I could enroll Anton to the 10:30 class. Nahiya daw sya sa akin so she bumped off the other students who were just on a per session basis. Tingnan nyo may mabuting nagagawa ang katarayan ko :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow sarap ng swimming! We love to swim. I just don't want my baby's skin to darken. :(

Maybelle said...

hi jenny! the pool in somerset is an indoor heated pool. i heard the VMW armada sunblock is really good. hindi ka daw iitim