Anton was super at home at the dental office. While waiting for Dra. Arlene he was watching TV, walking around and was saying hi again and again to the receptionist. Dra. Arlene looked so young, was soft spoken and explained things clearly. We had a long talk before we went inside her clinic. We went through Anton's chart (medical history, etc) and she showed pictures on how to position the child. The child does not sit on a chair. The child is carried by the parent, who is sitting on a chair, facing each other (child's legs astride), then the child lies down, head on the dentist's lap (so magkaharap kami ni dentist). So while the child's teeth are being cleaned, his hands are held by the mother so he feels secure, while the dentist holds the child's head, and the dentist has full view of the child's teeth. Ang galing diba? Pero syempre Anton cried so loud pa din. Pero very good pa din daw si Anton cos even though he was crying his head was not moving kaya mabilis natapos ang cleaning. And then flouride was applied (no food or water for 2 hrs). After this the dentist talked to me pa. Lumabas muna si Anton with yaya sa reception. She taught me how to clean and brush Anton's teeth. Very thorough, and she went on and on na very good daw cos I'm BFing pa. Anton is his only patient na toddler who still gets the good stuff. Medyo natagalan nga ako kasi nga i have migraine hehe. By the way i almost forgot the best part. Anton's teeth are cavity-free =) That's the upside of Anton refusing the bottle =)This second visit is totally different. Pagpasok palang sa door umiiyak na si Anton. We still had to wait for a previous patient to finish and he was so cranky and crying the whole time we waited. I guess he was sleepy na kasi. So just imagine how loud Anton was while Dra. Arlene and I were preparing to position him for cleaning. Well the good part is Anton is still cavity-free. And Dra. gave me a discount. I referred daw kasi 2 patients, which I have no idea who. Must be someone from n@w or here at the office. Whoever you are, thanks for mentioning me. Ang bait ni Dra. no? If anyone's interested (and please mention I referred you para I can get more discounts hehe) Dra. Arlene Dela Cruz's clinic is at 1703A West Tektite, Pasig. By appointment only at tel. no. 637-4406 to 07.
Monday, February 04, 2008
SECOND DENTAL VISIT
Before I go about Anton's second dental visit, here is what I wrote on my Multiply site last September about our first visit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment