Friday, February 15, 2008

SUMMER OUTING

I have never joined a company summer outing. And it's really frustrating because the company I've worked for the past 4 years splurge on summer outings.

In 2004, they went to Club Noah. I wasnt't able to go because I had to pick-up my mom at the airport. Well, that's one of the reasons ... The main reason? I didn't want to be away from Neal. We were still in our honeymoon stage ;)

2005 they went to Pearl Farm. I was getting married in a week's time and my mom forbid me to go. Folks say people who are about to get married are accident-prone :(

2006 they went to Dos Palmas. I was 7 months pregnant and my conservative OB refused to give me clearance.

Last year they went to Shang Mactan. I wanted to go but Anton was still difficult to bring then. And if I brought Neal and yaya with me I would spend P28k for each. It was too expensive so we just saved the money and went to Bohol last August.


This year I know they were choosing between Discovery Boracay and El Nido. I was hoping they would choose Boracay because I think it's more child friendly. Planes to Boracay are bigger and Anton will surely love walking on Boracay's powdery sand. Another plus is I can bring Neal and yaya. It will be easy to get our own room, either at Discovery or at another resort. Now if they choose El Nido there will be lots of problems. There's no other way of going there but by private plane (scary and expensive) and there will be limited cottages which means I might not be able to bring Neal and yaya (only VP's up can bring families if the resort is too small).

I just got the email from our HR. It's official, it's El Nido. I still want to go. Just me and Anton. Bahala na si God.

6 comments:

Pat said...

Go, go, go! El Nido is the best!! Just hang on to Anton when you ride the bancas. The banca boys (that's how they're really called there) are experienced naman.

Maybelle said...

thanks pat. i really want to go. i've never been to palawan

Eileen said...

Bongga naman ng company mo! :) I think El Nido's so much better than Boracay! :)

Maybelle said...

hi eileen! i know that's why i have to go no matter what :)

Jade said...

It's safe to bring a baby. We brought Summer with us last summer. She was 2years 2months then. She had fun. We even brought her kayaking with us. May life vest naman sila for the kids.

Have fun!

Maybelle said...

thanks jade. that makes me feel better. and i hope this will convince my hubby :)